Learn the Fundamentals of Windows Server 2016 System Administration
Are you looking to learn the basics of Windows Server 2016 system administration? If so, this is the perfect course for you!
In this 8-hour course, I'll show you step-by-step, the fundamentals of Windows Server 2016, giving you a solid foundation of Microsoft’s most popular server operating system using VirtualBox, a free virtualization software platform, to create your own virtualized lab at home.
If you’re looking to advance or begin your career in Information Technology (IT), this course is a must!
Throughout this course, you’ll learn by doing, getting valuable hands-on experience.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS COURSE:
- Set-up a Virtual LAN with VirtualBox
- Install Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 as Virtual Machines
- How to Navigate Windows Server 2016
- Create and Manage User and Computer Accounts in Active Directory
- Configure Windows Server 2016 as a DHCP Server
- Windows Server DNS and Name Resolution Fundamentals
- Configure Windows Server 2016 as an IIS Web Server
- Configure Windows Server 2016 as a Print Server
- Understand and Create Active Directory Groups and Organizational Units
- Understand and Create Group Policies with Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Learn the Fundamentals of NTFS and Share Permissions
- Set-up User Quotas with File Server Resource Manager (FSRM)
- Enable Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) for Remote Administration
- Utilize Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to Approve and Deploy Windows Updates to Client Systems
- Utilize Windows Server Backups to Backup and Restore Data
- Learn to Write Basic PowerShell Active Directory Commands
- And Much More!
Once you complete this course, you’ll have set-up your own Windows Server as an Active Directory Domain Controller, DNS Server, DHCP Server, IIS Web Server, Print Server, File Server, WSUS Server, and much more giving you a very solid understanding of System Administration.
So What Are You Waiting For?
Enroll Today, Your 100% Risk-Free Enrollment Is Backed by my 14-Day, No Questions Asked, Money-Back Guarantee!
Preview over 1 Hour of This Course Through My 10+ Free Lectures.
Alton Hardin is an educator, self-published & best-selling author, and full-time IT and Business professional with 20 years of experience, that has a fond love for teaching and helping his students excel.
He has earned two graduate degrees, an M.B.A. and M.S. in IT Network Management; moreover, he currently holds multiple IT industry certifications, including the CISSP, ITIL, Security+, Network+, Project+, eJPT, MTA, and several other certifications.
Alton has always had a fond love for teaching. As an undergraduate, he group tutored chemistry students and as a graduate student, he taught a GMAT prep course. Upon graduating from his MBA program, he began teaching as an adjunct professor for the School of Business & Public Administration at his local state university in the field of Information Systems and IT Management.
He is also the founder of MicroGrinder Poker School, an online poker school dedicated to micro stakes poker players, where he provides a wide array of free and low-cost poker resources and poker training, included poker strategy articles and poker training video series.
PreviewWelcome to the Course (0:57)
PreviewInstructor Introduction (6:06)
PreviewCourse Curriculum Walk-Through (6:58)
StartUnderstanding the Client-Server Architecture (3:06)
StartWhy Windows Server 2016 in 2019 and Beyond? (5:31)
StartIntroduction to Virtualization (3:20)
StartVirtualization Live Demo (2:01)
StartSection Introduction (1:34)
StartVirtualBox Prerequisites & Requirements
StartDownload & Install Virtualbox (3:33)
StartDownload Windows Operating System ISO Files from My Website (2:56)
StartDownload Windows Operating Sytem ISO Files (4:18)
PreviewCreate Virtualbox Virtual Machines (7:39)
StartInstall Windows 10 Enterprise Operating System (14:01)
StartInstall Windows Server 2016 Operating System (8:21)
StartInstalling Windows Updates (5:35)